Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pictures and today's ride







We left Montabon this morning and drove through Toulouse--a mini Paris. Beautiful city with a huge outdoor market that went for several blocks (in the rain). Fifi came through once again and took us on all back roads--we're talking one lane, driveway type roads. Great scenery. Drove on a street that was suppose to be closed, but wasn't, and had probably 400 tractors lined up on both sides. People were giving us the evil eye because we were going in the wrong direction.

We are staying tonight in Foix (pronounced Fwah). It is located in the foothills of the Pyrenee mountains. Very old city and we are staying here two nights. Tomorrow we're going to see the Chateau De Foix. Attached are pictures from the last two days. We're behind on the budget, so we can only afford a single room--Jim gets the car.

3 comments:

  1. Hello from Michigan Jerry ! - I am a fellow MHSLA medical librarian from Traverse City and am interested in a librarian position at AUC Medical School. I see in past blogs from MDMLG that you were a librarian there for some time. Would you recommend this job? any insites that you would like to share? Do they allow dogs? Is the library packed with resources and databases? I know that you are in Hamburg and enjoying yourself ! Any comments you have would be greatly appreciated and relished ! Incidently, I was born in black forrest in University Hospital of Munich ! I frequented a town called Amberg - near Neunberg where my Grandparents lived. Aufweidersehen my schatz ! : )

    Yvonne Boudreau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim & Jerry, Looks like a wonder filled time. I see Jim is in his normal position. Are your ready for a small loan to get through it all? Hope all is well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne--Please email me and I will fill you in on AUC. jstue@yahoo.com. Jerry

    ReplyDelete

Capanna Hotel

Capanna Hotel
Where I work