Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Montserrat -- Spain

I tried to post yesterday, but my computer will not hook'up with the server here. So--there will be no pictures for a couple of days. I´m using a Spanish computer that has a different keyboard, so if their are typos, my apologies!!

We drove over the Pyrenee mountains yesterday--took us 3 hours. We drove through SNOW! Just imagine that! Thought we had avoided it this winter. The drive was spectacular, if not nerve racking. They drive like maniacs here. Fast. Jim did well. We were very glad to reach our destination. We have a small apartment for 3 nights at the abbey of the Monastery. We went to vespers last night in the Basilica to hear the Boy´s Choir sing--amazing. The church is absolutely beautiful. Probably the first of many.

We went on a long walk today around the mountain to see St. Michaels cross. It was uphill most of the way. Wonderful views--I took lots of pics, which I will post on Friday or Sat. when I can hook up my computer. We leave Friday for southern France and the Mediterranian Sea. Ç

I´ve been able to ¨talk¨ with two of my children using Skype--also, could see them!! Webcams are terrific. Plan on hooking up with all of them this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I'm hooked back up with the microphone! Hope to see you this weekend! Sounds like you are seeing some amazing sites! We'll have to make a video of all your pictures when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would love the video, Jen. We´ve taken over a hundred already!! There will be some editing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Capanna Hotel

Capanna Hotel
Where I work