Saturday, June 13, 2009

Simple pleasures in life!!











I'm on my own computer!!! Yea!!! Being without the Internet really cramps my style. I have used the Internet for 17 years and to be without it for days at a time really bothers me. We are in the new apartment in a village called Greimersberg on the western side of Germany. I wrote before about meeting Henk and Corry from Holland. They were just great this week. We had dinner with them everynight at a small Gasthaus that serves wonderful German food extremely reasonably. We may go visit Henk and Corry when we are near Brugge in Belgium--not sure yet.

Yesterday, we took a ride to an abbey called Maria Laach, a Benedictine Monastery built in the 11th century. Enjoyed the tour very much. Then, we drove to Berg Elz about 20 km away. Took that tour also. The castle was built in the 1300's and is still owned by the same family. Most of the castles in Europe are built up on top of a mountain, but not this one. Way down in the valley--we walked down and took the shuttle back up.

Out apartment is lovely--has a dishwasher, tv(only CNN in English), two bedrooms(come on over!), sauna, freezer, private garden, etc. Very nice. We're here until next Sunday and then will head for Belgium. Any more tips Maggie and Roland? Until then, we'll be taking day trips from here. Lots to see in the area. Hope to attend the local church tomorrow. Service will be in German. Should be interesting!!

I've attached some pictures from the tractor ride and the castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Capanna Hotel

Capanna Hotel
Where I work