Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Moseing along

We are now on the western side of Germany--didn't go to Berlin or Prague. Burnout big time. So, we drove yesterday across the country. We are now near Co-Chem on the Mosel River. We are renting an apartment for 4 nights and then moving to a nicer one for a week. We'll use this area for
short trips out to other areas. Countryside is beautiful. We had such a good time in Leubsdorf with the Jensch family. We've realized that people mean more to us than museums, churchs etc. We' enjoy the other things, but will remember the people the most. For example, the place we are moving to this weekend is booked for this week. The woman who owns the apartment had us in for coffee, had us meet the people who are renting the apartment(from Holland and speak English), she then called around to find us a place to stay for the next 4 nights and then drove us to that location!! She doesn't even know us. The people here are just so friendly and helpful.

I'm using an Internet Cafe right now--this weekend I'll be able to use my wireless connection at the new apartment. Then, I can post pictures.

We just went to the grocery store to stock up on food. Guess that means I have to cook. Or Jim does! we do have tv--one station in English. It#s CNN International--rest are in German. I need to find a bookstore with English books soon. Have one more left. Jim is running out of Sudoko, too. What will we do?????

2 comments:

  1. When we were in Finland in 2006 I thought I'd go crazy not being able to read anything--not newspaper, not signs. I did better in Swedish. I can understand the burnout. Rest up and enjoy the rest of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems a long time but a year from now it will all be hisory. You'll be back home with your own family then. I still remember taking a similar trip back in the fifties while I was in the Air Force. But memories are still good. I don't have anywhere to see all the slides I made in those days. History!

    ReplyDelete

Capanna Hotel

Capanna Hotel
Where I work