Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ernst day
















ERNST DAY!!!!! Today was the big day that I set off in search of my roots-----I dug out my Ernst reunion T shirt and off we went to the town of Ernst located on the Mosel river----and I found it!!! I planted my feet in the Mosel to water those roots---and looked around to see if I could trace the heritage of my grandfather Dr John L Ernst-----must be another Ernst town because in this one the wineries out numbered the churches 5 to1----stopped at a few and most of the locals wanted to know if they missed a reunion party---I said ya ya ya -a gut un --but you can come to the next one--hope Jeff gets the garage set up for the Ernst town people--they said they will bring the wine--As you can see Jerry spent the day in the grapes--next weekend the town is having a winefest---every town along the Mosel has a fest--and also make sure that they are not at the same time--interesting summer--finishing off the day with a glass of wine in the official Ernst wine glass --hope they make it home so the "girls" can use them to toast the reunion event.
Other big news of the day----Jerry and I got some new shirts---so we can have a refreshed image ----mine has a little sail boat that is in the German colors---black-red-yellow----look for that in our next thousand pictures
Got a lot to do in the next few weeks---thought time was dragging for a while--but now it doesn't look like we can get it all in --looking forward to Ken and Linda meeting us in Switzerland--onward---Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Capanna Hotel

Capanna Hotel
Where I work