Friday, May 29, 2009

Dinkelsbuhl
















Today was an easy, not do too much day. We had a nice breakfast and then drove into Dinkelsbuhl. Did the usual go to the information office and get a map of the city. We walked around the town looking in the shops and hitting the highlights of the historical buildings. We found another St. George's church--again very beautiful. Money to build these huge buildings didn't seem to be a problem back in the Medieval times. They all are very ornate and there are, sometimes, two or three in the bigger cities. We are now seeing more Lutheran churches, too. After our walk, we sat and had a cup of coffee and a sweet roll--yum, yum!!! Came back to the hotel(it's outside the city in a small village--I included a picture. It's the yellow building with me in front). After playing on the computer some more, we took a drive to look for a place to stay for the next 4 or 5 days. Great ride over the rolling hills and into small villages. Tonight is dinner here at the hotel.

I'm sure you're wondering if we ever wash our clothes--since all the pictures show us wearing the same things!! We packed very light and wash often. In our last hotel, Frau Plank let me use her washing machine and I hung everything on the line outside. It was great!! I think, however, these clothes can be burned when we get home!!
I know I've mentioned flowers before, but the German's just love their flowers and gardens. They are in every yard and are gorgeous. I included a pictue of one and have no idea what it is, but we both liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Capanna Hotel

Capanna Hotel
Where I work